Thursday, July 3, 2008

Roads and Vittles

As we left the house today, I put my camera around my neck. I hadn't taken any pictures while rolling before because I was afraid of dropping the camera. After figuring out how to secure it, the rest was easy. All I had to do was turn it on and just click. By taking plenty of pictures, I figured sooner or later I would get a keeper. This is the picture I took of David on I-65:

Today was good as far as the weather and the roads. We took our time leaving home as we only had about 200 miles today and most of it interstate. Even with taking our time, we were the Nashville suburb of Brentwood by noon Central time. We knew it was a little early to check into our hotel so we went cruising for a lunch place. David found a place called "Vittles." We were impressed. Prices were reasonable and the food delicious.

David called the hotel from the restaurant and arranged for us to check in early. So after wandering around the retail shops some, we took the short drive to our hotel. We are in a Hyatt Place. The rooms are nice and roomy with a separate sitting room, a small kitchenette with desk area, and a king size bed. We were looking forward to a dip in the pool. The pool is outside but with temperatures in the 90's, we didn't think that would be a problem. It was; the water was cold. I only got in as far as my ankles. David tried to tough it out but lasted less than a half an hour. We are trying to decide where to go to eat tonight. There are two restaurants within walking distance and those are possibilities as we have very good parking spots we don't want to lose.

No comments: